Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Friends of Parkland Walk want volunteers for clearing platforms at Crouch End Hill station

From the Friends:

Final clearing of the platforms at Crouch End Hill station

Saturday, 10th December, 11am – 1pm

We successfully tackled the northern platform last month which was by far the more congested of the two platforms and are revisiting the area on the 10th December to complete the job by clearing the other. We have some good tools supplied by Galliford Try but we are a bit short on spades. Do come along and give us a hand if you can. It's good physical work which should keep the chill off and may help in efforts to shed a few pounds before Christmas.

Stout gloves and footwear are recommended. We will provide basic first aid cover.

Other events coming up

Cutting back on the northern section with BTCV
Thursday 22 Dec
10.00 - 3.00
Cutting back sycamore saplings, clearing entrance with some coppicing, removing Russian vine and cutting back brambles encroaching on footpath

Path widening southern section
Saturday 14th Jan
Time tba
A 2 hour path widening session on Parkland Walk South.

Litter pick
Saturday 11th Feb
Time tba
Litter pick sessions on both the northern and southern sections.

More at Friends of Parkland Walk website

Tags for Forum Posts: friends of parkland walk, parkland walk, volunteering

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like wot I used to do in the days when I lived on my 'country estate' Put me down for a couple of hours of that!

Reggie, if you're after volunteering, you'll need to contact FoPW direct (via their website - link above) since the post was added by us and FoPW may not see any replies added here.

Cheers for that I have sent them a message.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service