Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi all

I posted about foxes when I first moved to the ladder a few years back and the problem has only gotten worse.  As lovely as they may look, I spend a lot of time clearing up their mess and preventing my kids from playing outside till I clean it all up, its gotten quite frustrating now.

We have just got back from a weeks holiday to find their mess all over our decking and yard, so frustrating to come back to, especially when the children just want to play in the yard.

I have tried the water spray repellent, the ultrasonic repellents, sprinkling chilli and other various strong scents around the lawn without much luck.  It would be great to know what others have had success with.  

I have a video camera in the yard now and every morning wake up to see the previous nights action.  We have anything up to 3 foxes at a time in the yard.  I see them bring in food, toys, rubbish, dead animals (yes I had to clean a dead rat from the yard), dig holes and run havoc.

You can see some action here: https://ring.com/share/6727092501341236924

For those who have foxes frequent (and those that don't) it would be interesting to know where you are located to try and paint a picture of how far and wide they reach.

• Are you closer to Green Lanes or Wightman Road?
  • Are you closer to Harringay / Hornsey station?
  • Do you know of any dens close by?

We are on Lausanne Road, a few houses down from Wightman, so I assume they are coming from somewhere close by, just no idea where, maybe the New River or a den in one of the properties close by.

I am now going to try and few other repellant tricks, maybe bring the sprinkler out again and block up all the gaps in the fence and the holes underneath them, hopefully something can help deter them from my yard.

Tags for Forum Posts: foxes

Views: 1462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Foxes are wild animals. Don't anthropomorphise them - " Dad, mum,teenagers " 

Don't feed them: let them be wild.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service