Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Okay, I *know* the collections are all over the place, which is proof that the system isn't working. No one wants to have bins parked by the front gate every day on the off chance that the bin truck might come that day. However, if by now you're thoroughly confused, you can check the days (in theory) when your bins are due to be emptied on the Veolia website with the post code search.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, until this schedule is adhered to, the system isn't working. What bothers me is that it started to go wrong before the change over and has not been corrected since.

Tonight I have put my bins out according to the schedule only with two weeks worth of food waste, since they didn't empty that last week. *If* the system is settling, then I should have 4 empty bins by the end of tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Tags for Forum Posts: new recycling bins, veolia

Views: 757

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hewitt was done - but I've ended up with an extra garden waste bag if one of my neighbours has lost one.

They are probably only worried about Hewitt and Effingham, The two power bases of "The Ladder."   

Their mistake...I'm leading the discussion on bins at next weeks Area Forum at the invitation of the chair and what I've seen today has not been impressive *ominous music* 

Ya wag, Hob. If only part of that was true...... just sometimes.
Seymour done too. So not just the corridors of power...

It's a pity that they seem to be ignoring reported dumped rubbish reports thoughs.  I sent a report a week ago for a dumped sofa on my street and a week later we still have the sofa, joined by some builder's rubble and a bed.  So more reports to Veiola....

More on our Facebook page:

Louisa Spivack Ditto Cavendish Road. Still no usual collection for the third week. Although we've been told Thursday is collection day, it is actually Friday for the third week running. I'm confused.

I find it rather odd that Veolia has just collected our recycling at 7.35pm. Right day. Strange time.

Well, we're Tuesday now and our bins are supposed to be emptied on Fridays. They haven't collected the general household rubbish since 15th June (I think) and the recycling went last Tuesday. Maybe today they'll do the recycling? Who knows.

The two elderly ladies several doors down can barely get in and out of their house because their path has two black wheelies and a green wheelie plus currently a bag of garden rubbish. The front garden is the upstairs flat's garden and she prefers not to have it full of bins, so it's never going to work for them.

Following messages here (in another thread, I think) suggesting that getting in touch with Veolia by phone is pointless at the moment, I sent an email yesterday, but I've had no reply. Not even a standard one. We're not happy here in Woodlands Park Rd.

Reply from veolia: ''Dear resident. Thank you for your e-mail received on 13th June 2012 and I can confirm that I have booked for a crew to be deployed as soon as possible to collect your outstanding food waste. The job was booked under... ..''   What's the point in replying over a month later ? ?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service