Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Yesterday morning was the first time Veolia were due to empty my new massive recycling bin. Did they manage? No. They emptied the food recycling bin, and did not touch the new green one.

Have reported it, hopefully they'll come back and sort it.

Anyone else had this problem yet? Seems they don't know they have to empty them now, they're no used to them being there with nothing in them..

Tags for Forum Posts: new recycling bins, veolia

Views: 1213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ie actually made an effort to do just that! Telling the street cleaning people what a difference they make. Wholeheartedly agree with the praise where praise is due attitude.
However, Veolia as a company are getting this whole thing really wrong.

Thank you Justin for your link to Jean Francois at Veolia. I sent him an email on a saturday asking for my huge bins to be replaced with smaller ones. He replied that day and a job number was issued on Monday morning from call centre and bins arrived on Tuesday. Recycling was picked up on Thursday and my bins was even replaced back where it came from. What a result and the smaller bins are easier to move when heavy. Considering the invasion of huge bins throughout our Turnpike Lane neighbourhood ,more people ( in smaller households) should swop to smaller bins. It will encourage us to think about excess packaging consumption and smaller bins look better in our gardens. Regular collections on time are neccessary.

new massive green bin, food waste bin and main rubbish bin not emptied for two weeks.

not just us either all out neighbours are in the same boat
@ ed gorman: No wonder, as you wee not supposed to use it until last week... Did you not read the leaflets?

Leaflet?  There were leaflets ?

I am on Seymour Road. I got a leaflet explaining that the first collection was a recycling collection on the 22nd. There was also a couple of packets of degradable bags for food caddy.

Not emptied for 3 weeks now. Reported it last week, got an email saying it would be empyied on friday. Was it f***.

They managed to empty the bin yesterday, but left it out on the pavement instead of throwing it back into the front garden as thet normally do. Noticed they'd not bothered putting any bins back in to front gardens on my road yesterday. What's that all about then? Twits.

That's been happening to us for the last couple of months - they sometimes leave all the bins on the pavements and occasionally out on the road.  Every week I complain, and every week a very polite person rings me and says it won't happen again - but then it does!

Problem with them doing that is that bins tend to stay there if the occupants of the house can't be bothered to go and get them or if they've 4 more bins in the garden and want a bit of room.

...Or if they're on holiday or out at work, in which case it's a bit of clue for any would-be burglar. They look bad enough scattered all over the place in front gardens, it absolutely does my head in to walk down my street at the end of the day and see bins all over the pavement.

No-one in my house gets back until quite late, so the bins do sit out all day.  It annoys me because the bins were always returned back - not just to the garden, but actually to where they go in the garden - in the past.  Obviously not putting them back saves time and costs for Veolia, but we're not paying any less through our council tax, so effectively we're paying the same and getting a worse service.  If Veolia have bid to run a service and not costed it out properly, so that they now need to cut corners, then that's their prolem, and their shareholders should be suffering - not us!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service