Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just noticed a closure sign about the N4 sorting office.

I couldn't be more infuriated about this now. They're moving to the existing depot down the other side of Holloway Road. I used to live in Holloway and that was my local depot. Now a 300 yard trip to the sorting office to see John and pick up my vinyl purchases is going to be a 6 mile round trip!

Tags for Forum Posts: local sorting offices

Views: 5188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not surprised they are closing. Never answer the phone are are completely unhelpful.

I'm sure that this has nothing to do with the closure.

Royal Mail's lease came to an end. I think its likely that they answered the phone at least sometimes, so "never" answered the phone seems like hyperbole. I found the staff helpful. The decision to move to Tufnell Park (and not somewhere else in N4) had nothing to do with the counter staff.

I have one of these - a parcel safe .  It works ok except it cant sign for things, and the posties + delivery peeps often don't turn the lock. I got it when my veg box was stolen + there's no hidey place here. Unfortunately those manufacturers/importers seem to have shut down - check the 'see also' listing for other more expensive versions.   [Not recommending ama*on, I just use it as a search tool now.]

Having to make the trek this weekend because the redelivery we arranged wasn't delivered... Despite the fact that someone was in, waiting for the doorbell.

I often get the feeling that posties don't bother trying most of the time with my flat. The doorbell is a few flights of stairs down from where we are and there's no intercom, so I've put up a note saying to ring the bell and wait for someone to get down the stairs. However, there have been multiple occasions on which they've either rung and not waited or just shoved a red slip through the letterbox rather than trying at all!

It's such a shame that the service is so shoddy :(

I've just been.  I figured it was easier to get there from work in the City than from my house, so got the Northern Line from Moorgate to Tufnell Park.  It's a good ten minute walk from Tufnell Park tube.  I didn't quite realise before that it's possible to feel like one is in the middle of nowhere while in such an urban area - this place is it.  And it was snowing.

Coming back, I walked to the bus stop at the end of Tufnell Park Road (so ten minutes back again), got the number 4 bus to Fonthill Road and then got on the 29.  All in all, it took just over an hour and a half from my office to my house via the post office depot.

The really annoying thing is that the package I picked up didn't need to be signed for and does fit through my letterbox - I've just tried it - but the card said it was at the depot because it was too large to fit through.  Grrrr.

One day, in the future, I get the feeling  that we're going to be sitting around talking about those days when nothing worked. SAD TIMES.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service