Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello. 

Did you all get the what’s on Finsbury Park booklet throigh

the door at the weekend ? 

I am confused ,

on the back page there was a diary of events for the coming year 

It stated above that agreed by residents (I have no memory of being asked ) it is allowed to have up to 5 large festival events with up to 30K attending  a year 

then goes on to tel us of several events of which at least 6/7 seem to be full on festivals going on this year ? 

I am not sure and wondered if anyone else has noticed the same ? 

This bothers me for many reasons as Finsbury Park is at the end ofour Road and not wanting

to be a total fun sponge massive events Like Wireless In my opinion really should be in a field in the middle of nowhere , the noise being the least of the problems , not being able to get out of

our Road or park and traffic, and having young kids, hearing the artists swearing over the mike all over the Haringay skies isn’t my favourite bit . 

It Seems the boundaries are being stretched more and more every year .

Are they going too far now ? 

What are other people’s thoughts on the amount it’s beomg used ? 

Thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events

Views: 3693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Media moguls who's interest it is in, and public school boys that want to line their own pockets through keeping the old boys network happy.

Exactly Madeline , and this year they have more than last year , so next year how many will there be?

How Wireless is seen by Festicket (and sold to the public), part of Festicket's top 20 UK festivals list ( https://www.festicket.com/magazine/discover/top-20-music-festivals-... );

'Wireless is not quite bigger than hip-hop, but it's certainly getting that way. This supafly soiree is the best chance to see a line up of urban legends, leaning heavily on the side of rap, grime, hip-hop and R&B.

Pair that with fairground rides, chill out areas, bars and artists singing booths to keep days filled, and you'll begin to understand why this is the only UK date this pedigree of rap stars book in advance.'

I note that most of the big events seem to be taking place on private property and outside of towns or cities. Not many neighbours within yards of the event that could be affected by the noise and crowds.

You must have heard of the Notting Hill Carnival...

Notting Hill Carnival is only on once a year not every other weekend all through the summer which Is kinda our point .

As Madeline has mentioned the concerts are not every other weekend but they start setting up and taking over the roads and park for 2 weeks before to set up and a good week after to take down and then the next one starts so it’s pretty much constant if you live around the park and it affects you directly . 

You can contact Wireless (for example) directly; https://www.wirelessfestival.co.uk/information/finsbury-park-residents. Has anyone tried that & got an answer back re their concerns?
Wonder who got those Resident Tickets & how many there were. To visualize with a map (yes it's the 2016 but prolly similar);
https://www.thefriendsoffinsburypark.org.uk/wireless-2016-campaign/...
So, all the south side of the park taken over encompassing tennis courts, skate park, grass areas for 5-a-side football etc & the main walk through the park. Thing is Finsbury Park doesn't really have a large meadow type area for events to set up so, why not go to Lordship Rec or use the bottom area of Alexandra Park? Could offer the latter option residents a couple of Planet Organic vouchers ...

I suppose one of the main attraction of FP for events is public transport- two tube lines, trains from Cambridge, Peterborough and soon Brighton and south east London plus dozens of bus routes.

Not sure if Alexandra Park is council owned or run by the same trust that runs Ally Pally but it has very poor transport links (one bus up to the top and a couple at the bottom)

Alexandra Park would be a difficult site due to it's gradient. If it rains you end up with a quagmire at the bottom, with the number of people (see Ashton Court Festival's failure as it is a similar site topology). Also the transport links are pretty poor. Won't get any better with the proposed Crossrail 2 either.

It isn't council owned, it's a charitable trust.

- Woodberry Wetlands

- Clissold Park

- Chestnuts Park

- Parkland Walk

- Wray Crescent Open Space

- Ducketts Common

- Downhills Park

- Abney Park

All 1.5 miles or less. A brisk stroll away from the crowds, open the whole time that half of Finsbury Park is being used. Expand the area to 2 miles and you double the options. 

Are you suggesting that Liam Gallagher plays Ducketts common?!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service