Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I see some pros as well as the obvious cons but felt this feedback was telling.

Tags for Forum Posts: low traffic neighbourhoods, traffic

Views: 3848

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The LTN has contributed to inflation as well. Trades people and service providers that can't weave through the traffic on motor scooters now have less time available in their day because they're stuck in the LTN traffic. Instead of doing say four small jobs or deliveries they only have time for three so they have to put up their prices to ensure the same level of income.

What?

Yes, I've heard the same. I've spoken to a couple of builders who've had another hour added to their journey in from Herts - each way! That will be getting passed on for sure. 

So the rail strikes have had nothing to do with increased traffic driving into London then?

I'm not sure what point you're making Michael. However, to answer your question at face value, I would say yes, on the days when there are rail strikes, people who have to travel for work are likely to use a car.

The point is that the LTNs have been blamed for everything from builders being late to driving up inflation.

I see. Both those things are true.

Obviously, I'm not talking about inflation in general just about the increase in costs for certain local services provided in the areas impacted by the LTNs.

Perhaps it will mean an upturn in trade for local builders rather than those coming in from Essex or Herts as well. If we are concerned about local businesses owned  and/or  run by people living locally that would count in the LTNs favour. 

Unfortunately that's not the case because local builders are similarly unable to traverse the LTNs. They have to go around like everyone else and sit in the traffic while doing so. They've had time added onto their journeys too.

Unlikely to be this hour that you are talking about - which incidentally never seems to affect the buses I take which are travelling across the Borough to anything like the same extent. When I look out of the bus window I see mainly regular cars with one bloke in them and not builders' vans. 

The gridlock I see in the morning and evening rush periods are a mixture of commercial vehicles and regular people trying to go about their lives which have been made quite a bit more difficult.

Strange that my window cleaner got to me at 2pm on the dot today after doing two jobs on Boundary Road in the middle of the LTN.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service