Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Thames water works have begun and Fairfax road is choking in the pollution caused by the idling, gridlocked traffic that has been diverted from Wightman rd.  Can anyone tell me who I can write to who might be able to amend the diversion so that it goes down more roads than just Beresford and Fairfax?

I've contacted Gina, Sarah and Zena of Harringay ward. Is there anyone else, or anything else I can do? The air is already thick with pollution and three weeks of this will be very serious for health of children living on the road, including mine. Thanks for any advice. 

Tags for Forum Posts: thames works wightman

Views: 4237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it takes some time for Satnav companies to update their databases. But all these taxis have radios or at least Internet access. Don't they talk to one another ?

The chap was based near the Royal Free and I think his trip to Harringay may have been an unusual one for the firm - he certainly took a peculiar, though scenic, route.

Update from the Harringay Safer Neighbourhood Team regarding the incident on Fairfax Road yesterday

Police Update: During the evening of Monday 28th October, police received multiple calls to Fairfax Road, N8 saying that shots had been fired and that people had been seen running towards Wightman Road.

Firearms units attended the scene. No arrests have been made yet.Hospital checks were completed, but there is still no victim identified.

The investigation is being led by Trident and enquiries are ongoing.

I rode home tonight and Green Lanes was absolute chaos.

Granted, it's not usually great, but it was bumper to bumper both ways as far as Warham. Normally, north of there, it eases off a bit, but no - a sea of brake lights tonight.

The Green Lanes queues were having terrible knock on effects on Seven Sisters Road as far back as Finsbury Park, which had gridlocked itself. For a sense of the scope of the issue, there was traffic queuing back down St Thomas's Road (past FP mosque), which is the best part of 2 road miles away from the Wightman closure.

If your road closure in the heart of the borough is causing traffic meltdown in another borough, you're not doing it right.

its been like that all week, something going on towards A406 too as Wood Green High street is a standstill as well, even at 7pm, my cycle home definitly taking longer as cars trying to beat the traffic just pulling out with no warning. Cyclist was knocked off last week. I told the police attending that it was ineveitable with all the traffic and driver frustrations.

So now with the electronic sign and huge diversion placards, all the traffic from the north and west is being funnelled straight down Sydney Road to our detriment of constant noise and pollution. There was constant traffic until well past midnight incessantly through the road, impacting my evening and sleep. So... Excellent. Thanks. The problem has now become my problem, rather than being solved. At least when the bridge works we’re being done they closed the whole road. These works have the same issue, but are affecting so many more people. Another excellent shambles. 

Lots of fun on Effingham this Saturday teatime when 4-5 cars decided to drive down from Wightman and have a stand-off with the cars driving up...

Unreal. I guess Green Lanes must have been busy and they were trying to avoid any additional time on it.  

Morons

I made the mistake of trying to drive round Tottnm Hale tonight (Saturday), 6-ish. Locked solid, though it did creep apart eventually. There are signs up saying Meridian Way is closed till mid-December.   If that's true then the knock-on effect is bound to spread as far as Green Lanes.

Time to get the walking boots out.

Thought I’d have try planning a car journey from Warham Road to the foot off Muswell Hill using the RAC route planner (which I thought would be the most up to date).  It tells me to drive the length of Wightman to Turnpike Lane from Warham Road and gives this rather odd message for the Wightman Road section 

Turn right onto Wightman Rd/B138

Parts of this road may be closed at certain times or on certain days
?

Traffic now driving on the Wightman Road pavement between Fairfax and Effingham

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service