Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just a cautionary warning to anyone using facebook and thinks the privacy settings prevent strangers contacting you by an email address that you have set so no one can see. Some hope. I only recently (and reluctantly) joined fb. I took advise from an expert (a young person) to make settings secure. I have just received an email which shows someone I have never heard of, let alone made a "friend" has joined me to some weird Group (I didn't even know groups existed) and got hold of my so called private email and then sent an email. just as well I am not a young child. and fb make it impossible to contact them in any meaningful way to report this matter.

I have deleted my account. that probably means they have sent all my details to the whole bloody world.

rant over.

Just so you know the person/group concerned is

Caleb 'riteous' Addo [fbmessage+zj4ota2s6f6y@facebookmail.com]

Caleb 'riteous' Addo posted in Assassin's Guild

we work for revenge,serving and freedom this s the assassin way!!!!!!!!!
Caleb 'riteous' Addo 26 January 21:33
we work for revenge,serving and freedom this s the assassin way!!!!!!!!!

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lesley sorry this happened to you. I think what may have happened is that this person has written a message to you, but they may not have your actual email address, if your friend really did set the privacy settings properly. I don't think they could have added you to a group without your consent - they may have just been talking nonsense.

Anybody can contact someone on facebook by sending a message (rather than an email) and that is undoubtedly the real worry when children use it. I've been on facebook for five years and have only received these kind of weird messages or requests for friendship about 3-4 times in total so you have been pretty unlucky to be targeted so soon. 

By the way, new 'features' are coming onto Facebook in the next few days which may affect your privacy. This article from Mashable explains them and tells you how to turn it all off

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service