Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi all.

Has anyone else noticed how horrific the images are on a constant loop being beamed out of the windows of Ersan & Co opposite the Salisbury?

When it was first being refurbished, it was a mystery as to what it was going to be, then as the 'PERSONAL INJURY, 'ACCIDENT CLAIMS' and 'MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE' banners were unveiled it became clear that it is a ambulance chaser megamart.

So what right? These [sort of firms*] have to be based somewhere.

My gripe is that they show videos on a constant loop of all of the worst things which can happen. There is one video in particular which features an awful car accident where a car crosses into the oncoming lane and is obliterated by a truck. I have been in a couple of car accidents, and they are no joke, and it struck me that this is particularly inappropriate footage to be broadcasting to the general public 24 hours a day.

Also the monitors seem to be beaming these out at about a million lumens, they illuminate the whole street, thankfully my bedroom is not on the street side or I would need blackout curtains.

Who can I complain to? (Besides you lot...)

*edited by site admin

Tags for Forum Posts: ersan

Views: 8762

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As they are so keen to advertise their trade by showing disasters, wouldn't it be useful for those review texts to be printed up in 72-point type and plastered all over their windows in the manner of posters for bread gigs and circuses ?

My complaint is in!

planning.enforcement@haringey.gov.uk

Well done Gillian. That makes two of us at least! :-)

Hurrah!
Attachments:

Great to see many people are complaining! So have I, I am also waiting to hear back from planning and have contacted several councillors about it. Let's hope something happens soon, Ersan have been getting away with these unlawful, antisocial displays for too long already...

I've had a holding reply which says that this issue is already under investigation by Danni Briggs in Planning - danni.briggs@haringey.gov.uk

Hi and thank you for raising this. I have noticed it and it is utterly out of keeping with the beautiful old Salisbury pub and surroundings. I have made my complaint to the council on the basis that this is not only unsightly and distressing but apparently did not receive planning permission and needs to be removed immediately. I have been informed that the matter is under investigation by the panning department danni briggs who can be contacted on 

danni.briggs@haringey.gov.uk

I suggest that anyone who doesn't approve of this signage put in a complaint too. Strength in numbers!

Wrote to Planning about this a couple of weeks ago too - got an acknowledgement just like Alison did. Fingers crossed. 

My earlier post sets out the history of the planning applications and subsequent permission, and violations thereof

Last week the council gave Ersan 14 day to turn their video screens off, as they are illegal. The 'solicitors' have so far ignored them, as today (Sunday), they are still displaying their usual nasty footage. Next stage will be to push for the removal of their bright purple illuminated signage which is over 30% larger than what was initially authorised by Planning...

Well, by drawing attention to themselves with these advertisements they've probably already brought that on themselves now as well. Smart.

I was in the Salisbury on Friday evening when I first noticed these screens and remembered this thread. Much more dreadful and distracting in real life than any of the above very graphic descriptions. Nearly put me off my Early Bird.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service