Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A frisson of excitement (or is it trepidation?) at the Community Volunteer news desk as we learn that council waste contractors, Enterprise, are to be replaced by Veolia beginning in mid-April.

The company was chosen from a final shortlist of two at a meeting of the council’s cabinet on Tuesday, January 25 and the contract between Haringey council and Veolia, who will deliver recycling, refuse, and street cleansing services for the next 14 years, is now being finalised. 

Tags for Forum Posts: Enterprise, recycling, refuse collection, street cleaning, veolia, waste contractors

Views: 638

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a double page spread in the latest Haringey People (p20) giving a lot more information about the new contract.

Based on my earlier barrage of emails I was invited to meet an officer involved in the procurement process, a meeting which I have written up for borough wide syndication here.

Based on that meeting I have made the following recommendation:

there will be a "Partnership Board " to oversee the contract's execution. It is not yet clear who will be on this board, nor whether it will make its reports public. My suggestion would be that it would consist of Veolia staff, Officers of the Council, Councillors (of all persuasions) and interested citizens, possibly drawn from Area Assemblies and that it will produce quarterly reports, showing how performance goals are being achieved, how costs are contained and how standards are improving all within the terms of the original contract

I'm not entirely sure how to get my recommendation implemented.

Maybe he could be issued with a brush and set to street cleaning ?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service