Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Drama filmed in its entirety at the Hornsey Town Hall shows tomorrow

Don't miss the eagerly anticipated BBC2 drama The Hour, which screens on Tuesday 19th July at 9pm, and was filmed in its entirety at the Hornsey Town Hall. Romola Garai, Dominic West, and Ben Whishaw lead an all-star cast in a thrilling six-part series which takes viewers behind the scenes of the launch of a topical news programme in London 1956.

The BBC offer the following description:

With a highly competitive, sharp-witted and passionate love triangle at the heart of the series, it is through the lens of the lives of enigmatic Bel and her rivals, Freddie and Hector, that viewers witness the decade at its most exciting – from the ruthless sexual politics behind the polite social façade to the revelations that redefined the world for a new generation. Over the six episodes, Abi explores the interplay and intense ambitions between our rising news team.

The Town Hall takes on the role of the BBC's Lime Grove Studios in Shepard's Bush, and with its wood panelled walls, period lighting and art deco styling, was the perfect location for the detail obsessed producers.

See the programme listing on the BBC website here.

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was a long interview with Ray Davies the other evening, shot mainly in the Town Hall theatre and around Alexandra Palace. Will probably be repeated.
I didn't see this. Did anyone catch it?

Yep. Dunno why such an expensive enterprise doesn't go out on the main bbc1 channel, or maybe we're not supposed to differentiate any more.

Anyway, yes, sit back and enjoy the styling. Don't care about any of the protagonists. Two plot threads, one on the new tv prog, one on a conspiracy/murder, why was that shoe-horned in? Worth 55 minutes on i-player.

And seeing the beautiful interior of the town hall does make me wonder why it has now been allowed to be closed off as a public space - can see why the people of Crouch End have been fighting to keep it open.

Everything about 'The hour' was attractive, stylish and cool including the town hall. When will it be nominated a bafta in it's own right ? After all, New York got nominated 'Best supporting role' in Woody Allens 'Manhattan'.
I loved it. Shot in dark tones gave it that certain feel and look. It didn't waste time in bringing out the class and gender inequalities of the time (which haven't changed that much really...) And the clothes are to die for! I cant wait for next week's instalment

"Everything about 'The hour' was attractive, stylish and cool including the town hall..."

I take it they didn't use any exterior shots then...

I was watching it thinking how much some of the interior shoots looked like Hornsey Town Hall - funny that!  They also shot one of the outside seens outside Alexandra Palace I think.

Of course I meant "scenes"!  I can spell after all!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service