Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi all,

So in the last 48 hours a symbol has been drawn on my front door by the main lock. I can see online that this is a sign used by 'scouts' to suggest somewhere is a good target for burglary. Has anyone else noticed anything like this recently? This is horrible.

Lucia x

Tags for Forum Posts: Burglary

Views: 1621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that's fair comment - I read that entry myself, except that the police themselves appear to give some credence to the idea that 'marking' is a technique, as this article states.

So perhaps there are thieves out there that use this method. Maybe quicker to chalk a mark for reference than be seen writing things down or taking photos of building and draw attention to themselves? People do 'scout' for properties to see if people are home or who lives in houses who might be more vulnerable. 'Efficiency' and 'the use of emails and texts' might just be giving them too much credit.

There's also the possibility that it's 'just' graffiti, with a 'wind-up' element added to the defacing. The world does contain a proportion of small-minded, petty people, after all. A few steps beyond ringing the doorbell and running away.

I would remove the mark and install a CCTV and what looks like an alarm.

I would not rely too much on the Safer Neighbourhood Team, they are a bunch of idiots who cannot be trusted. I say this because I was recently unlawfully arrested and it seems no one give an credible explanation. However, I now know the person who made dubious allegations against me went to Kwazulu Natal University as did the sergeant who authorised and approved the "investigation".

The best way to get police service is a friend at the station. Do you have one there?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service