Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Dooguie its a very friendly cat gets along  with children very calm, love to stay outside in the garden its has been with us for 5 years Dooguie, is a male black cat neutered.

The reason we can't keep him as new baby arrived and unfortunately she is allergic, so now he is spending most of the time outside and we think is unfair on him so we are looking for someone who can give love to this amazing cat ,as we think he deserved better.

He can perfectly be indoor cat but we would love to give him to someone who has a garden as he can continue his outsides trips.

Tags for Forum Posts: rehoming

Views: 1850

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sure if anyone wants advice on introducing a new cat to a resident cat, I'm happy to give advice, just let me know.

I've got a system which has worked well over the years. (We have 4 male rescue cats and 2 female rescue cats and each joined the household individually over the years). It's important to do it the right way from the start, otherwise if you just put 2 cats together for the first time, it can go wrong. It's not difficult to do it the right way, just needs a gradual introduction using certain techniques.

I might know someone who could adopt Dooguie. Would he be okay living in a flat? (He could be given access outside but no garden, so might not be right if he's the kind of cat who loves being outdoors).

Hi I spoke to a lady who fosters cats she said she can possibly take him til a perm home can be found. She is in process if rehoming kittens and needs to finish up with them first but if you want to call her in a few days please send me a connection request.

Hi Lauren it will be amazing if your friend can help me with that as the winter is around the corner and no solutions so far for him I will be vey please with your friends help , many thanks .

Hi Kust, any news on Dooguie yet?
I just sent you the connection request and her number, write it down or screenshot it before you accept it because it will disappear. If it disappears message me again.

Hi Kust. In the meantime, while you are deciding your options, by all means contact me if you want some advice on practical tips to improve things when there is a cat allergy - I'm allergic to cats and have cats, so I have some experience.

oh Louise

If you are reading this maybe you could look after this young man for a bit- Paulette has just called me to help out. as looking after him at the moment for shorttem arrangment and says he is gorgeous, just needs bit of love

please read this and have a think as he has been looking for ahome for 2months now, and sometimes these things happen for a reason

Hugh can you please repost this in the roundup, thanks

Dooguie is with the foster carer now (Paulette is the lady I got my cat from), but is still looking for his forever home. I have been to see him over the weekend and managed to get a few photos. I have to say he is a beautiful boy with a lovely friendly temperament. I played with him for over an hour and he was very trusting and affectionate and did not once show any sign of aggression. I think if I had wanted to he would have happily let me stroke him all night. He has a lovely sleek shiny coat and bright eyes and a loud purr and likes having his head rubbed he doesn't seem to mind being picked up and petted. I think he would make a lovely first-cat for the right people, I think he will be fine with children as he seems to be quite robust and tolerant. I have fallen a little bit in love with him myself but can't have him because I already have a cat and no room for another one. If you think you can offer Dooguie the loving home he deserves then please get in touch with me and I will pass on Paulette's number as she isn't on Harringay Online and doesn't have internet access.
Attachments:
More pics of Dooguie
Attachments:

More new pictures of Dooguie added above

Thanks Liz I couldn't get it to upload them.

If Kust could call Paulette please, she has been trying to contact you as she needs to check some details to register him at the shelter. Thanks!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service