Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Does anyone else feel a little aggrieved when a swathe of posts are deleted on a topic they may have been interested in following? Especially after having been sent multiple email notifications? 

I do know that different site owners do things differently, but HoL is starting to lean towards the more delete-button-happy end of the spectrum at the moment and I was wondering why this is. I should add that I don't know whether its admins or members doing most of the deleting (there is not 'user deleted' or 'admin deleted' notification as on some boards) - but it seems to be happening a lot! 

I wouldn't want things to go too far the other way - I'm a member of another com where members aren't allowed to delete their own comments and are threatened with bans and slaps on the wrist if they do (VERY controlling!) but equally I find it frustrating when I click on to six comments via my email and find that all of them have gone. 

Is there room for perhaps offering an explanation as to why things have been deleted or summarising the removed thread so we're not left making assumptions as to the reason?

Views: 800

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It also annoys me when people delete their accounts. It fragments many of the threads.

A case in point is Rob Chau of the Traders Association. He appears to have deleted his account following the implosion of the GLSG. His posts had a lot of 'history' on the progression of the Green Lanes regeneration which is now lost.

It would be good if you could keep their comments but make their name anonymous. Though of course the individuals posts may contain personal information which could continue to identify them.

Sadly, unless people choose to leave their comments when they leave , they're deleted. Same happened with Sgt Jono.
And even more sadly IMHO with Gyn Kelly. A pioneer in the Met's use of social media who will probably retire with not a penny of the millions they spend on "PR" every year.

He was indeed a very unlikely pioneer. 

The attached is sadly all that remains Jono's contributions and I think some go Glyn;s ahem gone too.

Attachments:

Glyn's not gone - he posted the SNT newsletter last week. Just need to reply to him and encourage him to come back.

We also had useful interaction with the BTP . I guess a lot depends on time and who has got hold of the twitter account. 

Oh man, I love the WayBack machine!

Oh, Hugh knows about the Wayback Machine - he just doesn't tell people he knows. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service