Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I buy bananas. The kids don't always eat them before they go a bit squishy. They are not keen on banana smoothies (nor am I ) so I have squishy bananas going to waste.

Anyone got a decent baking recipe that uses up old bananas and doesn't produce a stodgy textured cake like the last two 'easy' recipes I've tried? 

Tags for Forum Posts: cooking

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will consult my banana mentor. I guess not long, just enough to melt it all together. This sort of thing is where microwaves really score, much less energy (and time ) needed.

That looks exactly like the texture I'm looking for, Jasmine. I'm all out of spotty old bananas at the moment but I'm definitely going to try this one. Also does look like a very good site. Do you recommend any more of their baking recipes?

I am now obsessed with that website!

You can also freeze them (without the skins).

I whizz them up with cocoa powder, peanut butter and milk for super shakes.

As others have said, they freeze well and then can be used to make banana bread when it's convenient for you. Alternatively, let them thaw for 20 minutes or so, then whiz them up in the food processor with a little readymade custard or double cream or greek yoghurt (add sugar to those last two) and you have instant banana ice cream.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service