Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Has anyone else heard a rumour that David Cameron is due to visit Tottenham tomorrow?

Maybe he's coming to show his support for "Lord" Phil Harris and his planned new academy in Tottenham Hale?

Or perhaps the rumoured visit might be to give his backing to the Tory social cleansing policies being driven by the Kober Regime? In which case I'm looking forward to the photos of both Dear Leaders close together. Although a hug and a handshake with the Chair of Tottenham Tories would be a step too far.

Or is this visit by a different Cameron altogether?  Cameron Diaz launching her new shoe collection against a backdrop of urban decay down some picturesque Tottenham alley?

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If one Dear Tory Leader is visiting another I'm sure the area concerned will be swept; graffiti removed etc. Nothing like the arrival of an external bigwig to get things moving.

Actually just an actor doing an impersonation would probably do the trick.

I GOT IT WRONG!

Always ready to admit it. And this was a right royal mistake. The visiting VIP wasn't the Prime Minister or even a famous actor. It was Prince Charles coming back to check how things are going - especially projects his charities are supporting. 

And there is no doubt some good things are happening locally.  Though sadly, "regeneration" it isn't.

Get the umbrellas and inflatable dinghies out

A perhaps inconvenient truth for left-wingers is that when Charles and Camilla visited immediately after the Tottenham riot they were made welcome - not just by "important", "cabinet" councillors, but by ordinary residents they met.

By chance, Zena Brabazon happened to be in the Community Assistance Centre set up after the riot at Tottenham Green Leisure Centre, during their visit there.  She was very impressed by how genuinely interested and concerned they appeared as they chatted to people.

Well Alan, it's not in his diary (excerpt from The British Monarchy website below)

6th February 2014
The Prince of Wales
President, will attend a reception for The Prince's Trust Invest in Futures, The Savoy Hotel, London.

The Prince of Wales
President, Business in the Community (BITC), will attend the BITC Leadership Summit, Tobacco Dock, 50 Porters Walk, London.
Sorry Alan, should have read your post properly. I thought 'tomorrow' meant Thursday. BTW. the Tottenham visit is just about to show on the BBC London news

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service