Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I got this from the cooncil:

Dear Residents, Partners and Colleagues,

We would very much appreciate hearing your views and assessment of crime and anti-social behaviour in Haringey and would be grateful if you would complete our online questionnaire by clicking on the link below anytime before Friday 8th March.    This will direct you straight to the survey which will only take a few minutes to complete.  This is an important part of considering your views as we are identifying priorities for action and future strategies.

Local people, businesses and our young residents have told us that crime and antisocial behaviour are pressing issues for them and this is an area of priority.  Thank you.

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/haringey-snap-survey.htm?k=1360326...

We have a now permanent drug dealing presence at the end of your road. If anyone wants some crack, I can point you in the right direction!  So "drug dealing" is a major issue for me because our road is used as a drugs market. 

Views: 219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is being discussed in this thread too.

I find it incredible that anti social driving is not highlighted as an area of concern in this survey. I've never heard of anyone locally being the victim of 'anti-social arson' (which is one of the tick boxes in the survey), but while typing this at least a dozen people have driven their cars past my window at speeds quite clearly in excess of the 20mph limit, speeds that would mean any child or old person hit by them would almost certainly die. Unlike some of the other areas of crime highlighted in the survey, which are probably reliant on the police getting involved, anti social driving is something that the council could actually do something about through better road design to make streets less amenable to dangerous and illegal driving.

See what you mean.  It seems that crimes commited to cars are antisocial whereas crimes committed by cars are not.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service