Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Claire Kober spotted doing a bit of PR with the press at the Carpet Right site but no sign of any of the local Tottenham ward councillors

She must have forgotten to send them an invitation.

Having spotted this little gathering from my bedroom window I invited myself onto the site and introduced myself to the building director and the several press reporters who were there, along with various Haringey Council staff and their Leader Claire. Don't think Haringey or the Contractors enjoyed what I had to say to them or the press.

I asked why, despite a request by residents, there had been no consultation meeting set up for local residents to air their concerns about the build and the obvious noise pollution and stress it is going to cause to locals who live very close to the site.  Lyn Garner Director of Place & Sustainability couldn't answer me, nor was she even aware that residents had requested a face to face meeting with the council and the developer to express concerns (mainly due to constant breaches in working practices on three other local building developments) 

As usual Haringey put on a PR show about rebuilding Tottenham and completely forget to consult the local population.

Views: 917

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Grainger block would take pride of place in a Moscow suburb.

I have to agree that it aint that attractive and looks like the rest of the red bricked high rises they keep erecting. But the corner doe need a face lift.

Just sayin' but if your website showed someone playing a violin instead of break-dancing...

He's playing the violin with his feet. You may not have spotted it from this angle.  Hendrix inspired.

@ John - Were you drunk when you wrote this?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service