Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A car exploded on corner of Stanhope Gdns/ Green lanes about 3.50pm. Really hope none hurt but didn't see ambulance,  just firemen. Think it was electric fault with car. Since then no internet or landline. BT say will be fixed by Weds. That's not good for all us working at home. Anyone else having this problem?

Views: 5449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

• Hi Priya  what phone number you using to contact BT? I'm just constantly on hold with 0800 one,  thanks!

Another update:

Talked to the guys outside and they said it will take a few days as the damage is so severe. Today is very unlikely and by the end of this week is only slightly probable. They said hope for Friday but realistically early next week.

Ok, I didn't want to get over optimistic for today. You must have spoken to different guys or they just wanted to fob me off ?! 

Talked to the big-bearded fella (who was very nice and explained things) and the guy with the beenie who both said the same thing. However, with 5 vans and loads of them there, you may have talked to someone else earlier in the day when they knew less of how damaged it was. Either way, hopefully, the end of this week is what I'm hoping for. With some daily harassment to our respective providers on the phone, hopefully, they can keep OpenReach on top of this. 

Spoke to them a bit before 12 I think. Not long before you did. A case of having to wait and see. But much better prospects than first thing today!

Someone else who spoke to them later today reported this - bad - news:

"I spoke to the engineer tonight and they have basically lost all of today due to UK Power Networks not arriving to turn off the power so that they could replace the box and start connecting people back up.

The earliest that the Open Reach engineer said that they could return is Friday. If that happens he estimated that it would take another 2 days to reconnect the 250 households affected and that everyone would not be back on until Monday. He said that this has been escalated their end so we will have to see how this pans out."

Thanks a lot. I did wonder why the guys were standing around a lot yesterday. And nothing happening there now. Fault tracker says Monday.

Fault tracker now saying end of Tuesday...

I could weep. This is going from professionally embarrassing to proper disastrous.

Yes, my work is suffering plus online launch of my new book and 5 days of marketing activity now ruined. Plus communicating with friends and family video chats not happening. I'm gutted. 

Have not been for a walk; has there been any action today?

Saw an OpenReach from my window few hours ago but they're all gone now. Doesn't seem like it'll be done by this Friday. Unbelievable.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service