Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A car exploded on corner of Stanhope Gdns/ Green lanes about 3.50pm. Really hope none hurt but didn't see ambulance,  just firemen. Think it was electric fault with car. Since then no internet or landline. BT say will be fixed by Weds. That's not good for all us working at home. Anyone else having this problem?

Views: 5450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Xavier. The smoke was definitely coming from under carriage at back of the car as these others in this article. 

The car was taken away very rapidly apparently, just after the fire brigade left. Not sure by who though, but hopefully they are trying to work out what happened.

Yes it was gone quite quickly, saw from my window.  

Would be a safety hazard leaving it there? And front part looked intact.

Here's what the cabinet looks like inside - the left hand side is the optical fibres coming in (and is pretty OK), the right hand side is where the information in the optical fibres is converted into copper wire phone lines. You can see the impact of the heat on the right hand side....

The guys looking at it said that the cabinet needs to be replaced (potentially tomorrow), then new 'tails' for the optical fibres need to be fitted, then all the copper wires and associated circuits need to be replaced...

This is apparently unlikely to be a quick job.....

Thanks for inside information! I thought it would be a big job, BTs estimates of Weds or Thurs sound about right. I'm going to have to work at a mate's house next week.

Has anyone had any updates about this in the last 24 hours? Didn't look to be much going on when I walked past the explosion site yesterday afternoon.
We are trying to work from home using a mobile phone hotspot which is not ideal. I am assuming that no one else can get BT WiFi either.

Hi, I'm tracking fault update on my phone. Latest one says by end of Weds which isn't great but better than Thurs. I'm also working from home and not easy just with phone. 

Recently had the phone pole knocked over, that connects me to the Service

New Pole and service was on within 12 Hours

Do know that many Service Boxes do not close and often left open. Did take it up with BT / Openreach, who stated they plan to upgrade doors / Boxes

FYI, no work visible on-site today either.....

I walked past about 12.30 and two guy were there, trying to get the door open.... 

It appears that we may be eligible for compensation if the repair is not complete by tomorrow night i.e. two working days (as seems likely):

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-co...

Apparently some people have been given mini-hubs for mobile data, but I don't know how this affects the compensation...or which networks do this (not Plusnet so far).

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service