Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A car exploded on corner of Stanhope Gdns/ Green lanes about 3.50pm. Really hope none hurt but didn't see ambulance,  just firemen. Think it was electric fault with car. Since then no internet or landline. BT say will be fixed by Weds. That's not good for all us working at home. Anyone else having this problem?

Views: 5503

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The standard repair period is 2 working days, as far as I understand, which runs out tonight, so we are about to get to the point were we are going beyond that.

The actual work has to be done by OpenReach, which is owned by BT, but is supposed to operate independently - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openreach

Each of the individual internet service providers will be in contact (and contract) with OpenReach, but I'm not sure whether there is any consumer-facing part of OpenReach that can be hassled.

Please do, I'll have another go later on. I'm having to go to friends again to be able to work.

Made an account here just to say this but I was on the phone with Talk Talk today and they said that BT has classified this as a 'MBORC' - Matter Beyond Our Reasonable Control and informed me that the box won't be fixed until November  17th. Yes you read that right - November 17th.

It just gets worse.. November 17th? I have no words. 

Just checked BT fault tracker again. That now says Monday 12th but this has changed so many times, they probably just dont know the damage us so bad. 

They are at least out in force today - five vans parked on Stanhope Gardens, and I saw another arriving & parking around the corner as I walked passed.

It may be that asking one of them would give a more accurate idea of the timetable....

Yep, a lot of activity there. Pity they couldn't have thrown more manpower into it earlier. But I have no idea how these things are done. Fingers crossed for some positive news. 

This is becoming apocalyptic. Has anyone's internet provider offered them any kind of alternative connection? Has anyone worked out any other way of getting internet without going through your phone?

No and no would be my replies. I have decamped to a friends for a few hours this week but cant do that every day plus as a freelancer much of my work done in the evenings. I hope to goodness this is fixed soon for all of us.

We are in a similar boat; we need to stream lots of stuff off the internet so the costs are starting to spiral out of control. Another two weeks of this would be really grim.

UPDATE Just spoke to guys working at at site, they reckon all being well could be fixed later today! 

There is a lot of activity now, all hands on deck. Fingers crossed folks.

A lot different to November 17th... phew!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service