Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Spotted in a local shop window..

Tags for Forum Posts: harringay traffic study, traffic

Views: 9718

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No they don't. Where are you coming up with this?
We tried doing something locally without asking the council to match fund and wish we had. Not evidence I know but it very much rang true in my limited experience.

So you've never even attempted to get "matched funds" let alone been awarded any....your experience is indeed very limited....

You and JoeW are obsessed with presenting evidence. Show me one single piece of evidence that suggests the council have any intention of finding their own funds for this project.

"You ... are obsessed with presenting evidence"

Thank you, I think I may put that on my tombstone!
So you haven't any evidence of the council contributing any money to this scheme...that'll be because there isn't any

I assume the money for the transport study has come from the Council?

But that isn't evidence,it is an assumption.

I paid for it. I have the invoices. It cost me £100,000 which I will recoup when I sell my house and buy an island in the Seychelles.

So what is the point of the funding question? Let's say you are right and the council won't pay a dime. What does that mean then?

Nothing happens without money.  The Council have bid for money from a fund that encourages applicants to match funding.  The Council aren't matching the funding which reduces the likelihood of the bid being successful. 

Then you should be delighted for per what you say, it is more likely than not that nothing will happen.  Rather, or in addition to, posting here, you should consider approaching would be funders like TFL to advocate they do not get involved with the council on this project.

Here is the non-committal statement I got from the council on funding:

The study is currently focused on developing feasible options to help address the traffic and safety concerns identified within the study area, and you will be pleased to know that a proposal for a £350k bid was included within the Local Implementation Plan (LIP) submission for 2017/18 related to the outcomes of this study. If awarded, this would help to deliver short term outcomes of the study. There is a potential for similar amounts in the 2018/19 and 2019/20, making a total of circa £1m.  

Additionally, we are exploring  all available sources of funding to help implement these improvement measures.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service