Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've just received (at 5:35pm today) notice from the council that the Frobisher bench must be removed within 48 hours.

Sadly despite our trying they have refused to engage in any meaningful discussion on what we could do to keep it there. Some kudos to John Forde who was tasked with the job of phoning to deliver the news, he didn't sound like it was his favorite job for the week.

Views: 3517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is political. I don't think the council officers wanted this removed any more than they wanted to spend most of the pavement budget in 2009 on Effingham Rd.

Why on earth did anyone vote for the arse ? 

I think Lydia, as much as she really annoyed me by involving the police in the election, was right about that.

"Spent most of the pavement budget". An allegation made before which I looked into and found it was untrue.  I asked about it after speaking to Cllr Gina Adamou who was happy for me to ask.

John, as you seem to think I was given inaccurate information, can I suggest you ask this again yourself, this time formally as a Freedom of Information Act request.

Residents are fully entitled to disagree strongly with and publicly criticise their elected councillors. Whether about their politics and policies; or their actions/inaction. Including basic issues - say, having dirty streets or stinking uncollected waste.

But can we please stick to facts and reasonable inference from facts.

Has anyone spoken to Cllr Gina Adamou directly and asked for her personal view about this bench?  In the misty distant days when a councillor, I was always extremely grateful when people kindly offered to help me by telling me my views and why I held them. But really, I preferred to be asked.

Haven't Ant and Liz already said they met with Gina and Ian Sygrave?

Dead right, Hugh.  I stupidly overlooked this.

Though since the Green Lanes Strategy Group was wound up, can I assume that Ian no longer has a role in this? 

Maybe because I worked with her as a fellow councillor, my view and experience of Gina is very different to some people on HoL.

But in any case, since the meeting was "a while back" and the bench has been there since, perhaps another personal chat with Gina would be helpful?

Ant, as far as you are aware, are Haringey taking this action in response to complaint?

No, and i'm fairly sure that if there had been a complaint they would have mentioned it in in all the discussions we've had about it.

What a bunch of arses. Why did the other arse want it gone?

In part reply to TW's fundamental question, which really hasn't yet found its answer, and also admittedly going a bit against the grain here, like Alex, I have lost much sleep in the past twelve hours, imagining my poor frame stretched out on Ant's bench. It comes down to this: suppose some ancient and unfit personage such as myself or (implicite) The Other One or (explicite) The Other Arse should, weighed down by shopping, unwonted July temperature or the heavy cares of office, collapse gratefully onto the aforementioned bench thus sustaining a six-inch splinter of unsustainable  Indonesian oiled teak courtesy of Homebase or B&Q, to whom should I turn for legal comfort or whom should I summon before Wood Green Crown Court, and should my arse retain said splinter until the case has been successfully pursued?

Assuming the point you're making is a serious one, I imagine this may well be a consideration for the Council. If so, my pervious suggestion applies

Most painfully serious, Hugh. I missed your response to Alex's second comment, but I think we're all agreed on the need to treat Council bods with soothing balm, as well as to kick local arses (elected or not) back into joint.

What of the fruit and vegetables that the shops have along Green Lanes that are as well as in their shops outside their shops on the pavement as well?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service