Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've heard some shocking stories of people having to flee for their lives, just grabbing their kids and running out in their nightclothes taking nothing. Does anyone know what is being done for these poor people, or if a fund has been set up to help them?

Tags for Forum Posts: london troubles

Views: 3970

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi -
Was worried about people saying they want to drop stuff at 7pm onwards at Apex House

I have just called HC switchboard they say
Apex House closes at 5.pm on the dot so dont bother taking stuff after that time.

Tottenham Green Leisure Centre has started receiving goods today and they are open till 10pm tonight
Monday to Friday: 7am to 10.00pm
Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: 7am to 5.30pm

I will drop stuff to them later tonight rather than rush to Apex house now

So keep it coming to the Garden or to my house and i will drop it later

Andy GRA
Great, so if I dropped off just before 7 I'd be in time?
We took some stuff to apex house today and there is definitely no parking so if you are planning to drive you'll need to have a passenger who can jump out at apex house with your donations.  Or as suggested park in wicked car park. It is very close by. 

Hi Andy

Dropped off three bags of clothes and bedding about an hour ago. Hope you saw them!

Have just left a big blue Ikea bag of clothes, bedclothes, etc. Hope you found it! Thanks so much for helping us all out.

Tried to drop off a bag of stuff at Apex House today but was told to go to Tottehnam Green Leisure Centre instead. Will head up there shortly.

I went to Apex house early- the bags were being placed in a small area behind a counter and I thought that would soon be filled up. 

Yes, and then what are they going to do? resort to criminal activity for an income? Don't get me wrong, last thing I want is for the people who've done this to get of scot free (far from it) but I suspect that this course of action would be somewhat counter-productive.

I have thought the same exact thing -but then I thought: They HAVE benefits and still did it, so.....?

But I do understand what you mean.

Hopefully what they will do is get convicted again and go back to jail!

This is for people *actually convicted* of crime during the riot, so feasibly, they should be already jailed anyway (hopefully) and even better: Mandatory Jail sentences for all convicted in the riot crimes.

Anyone under 16 (which will be a hell of a lot of them) don't get direct benefits anyway do they?
Also, our jails are full. It costs about £50k from memory per year to house a criminal in jail. Not sure austerity Britain will take the hit - and you can be sure it will be taxpayers who are charged the extra. As I've said for a long time, it would be much, much cheaper for the state to have employed these people directly. But that opinion is very much out of fashion.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service