Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've heard some shocking stories of people having to flee for their lives, just grabbing their kids and running out in their nightclothes taking nothing. Does anyone know what is being done for these poor people, or if a fund has been set up to help them?

Tags for Forum Posts: london troubles

Views: 3970

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Al, where is your shop?...
Thornton’s Budgens
21-23 The Broadway
Crouch End
London N8 8DU
Paulie - you can take your stuff locally if you can't get to by Seven Sisters Tube
thanks Hugh - I will be at work all day but was wondering if Apex House was open evenings or weekends...?
Don't think so - check with Andy, he may be prepared to find a way to take your stuff this evening
Any idea if Apex House is going to be open this evening? I can take small items down in the car (small car - no mattresses!) after work for anyone who can't get stuff to Andy before 4pm, but I won't be able to do it before 7pm.

As its a council type building, probably not. 

I ransacked my cupboards around 1am and got a bag full of things which I took over by train. Only a few minutes from H'gy green lanes for those of you who can do that. And only a few minutes walk from there. Very easy. I may go over again tomorrow morning, perhaps could carry a few things for those that cant get over there. 

Bumped into another HoLiner donating- the word is spreading. Well done folks- we can make a small difference in these terrible times. Positive actions can surely help to balance out the bad karma of the looters and selfish gits wrecking peoples lives. 

For those asking about donating money, please see this post.
Many thanks for all the information here; we've gone through our cupboards and have clothes and toiletries and some children's books which I'll drive over tomorrow morning.
Just got the heads up about Budgens, so we are saved a job - well done Budgens! :)
Stuff is starting to turn up - thanks Vanessa from Kimberly
you can e-mail me if you want to drop it at my house then I will drive it down their later

Andy - GRA

I just tweeted the following:

Now getting HoLMail messages from locals whose companies want to donate stuff to Tottenham families - #haringeywarspirit

and then had this back from one of the HoL members who asked the question:

just spoke with the Council on the number you gave and they have suggested sending stuff to Tottenham Green Leisure Centre.

So, if your company............

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service