Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We've been with Virgin for broadband for 6 months and have found the service to be appalling. No service for 8 days over Feb half term (with teenagers), 7 days over Easter with no service and again this weekend as well as numerous outages the rest of the time. Is anyone else in the same situation in 'area 15'? Does anyone have any recommendations? We have to stick with Virgin until November anyway.

John

Tags for Forum Posts: broadband, broadband service provider, virgin media

Views: 571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have read the posts on here with amazement.

We have been with Sky for years. At Christmas we "upgraded" to the new Sky Q TV box. With it came a new all-singing, all-dancing router called a Sky Q "hub". Since then we have had slow internet (if a couple of people want to watch videos and another wants to browse the internet - forget it) and also (and much worse) regular outages every fifteen minutes or so. I called my work helpdesk the other day as I was trying to work from home; he tested my connection and said it was very slow and also was going up and down in waves which kept cutting me off. He said the issue was at the exchange and that I should make clear to Sky that that was the issue.

Predictably, Sky refuse to admit there may be a problem at the exchange and want to send out an engineer at additional cost to me - a cost I naturally am refusing to pay.

I am shocked to see that Michael A - who is with the oft-condemned BT - is getting 50 mpbs download. We are getting under 5 with Sky!!!

I would try BT but their reviews on Trustpilot are abysmal - with an average score of 0.4 out of 5!

What to do...?

I'm a Virgin Media user and whilst there have been many rocky times (here's my tantrum from two years ago), things have been a lot better of late (touch wood).

I use the standard Virgin router which is downstairs at the front of the house. My office is upstairs at the back of the house. I've just tested my speed from the office and it's currently running at 80MB. Downstairs near the router it's usually 200. 

I hope I'm not tempting fate in writing this!

Are those download speeds???

Yes.

..Wow

...but as I said, it hasn't been plain sailing and no doubt some very choppy waters and gale force winds lie ahead. 

I hope not :)

To add to your chagrin - I'm with BT and last time I checked I was getting 37.5 download and 9,34 upload. My speed is adequate for my use, but, more importantly, I have had only one outage in 18 years. The idea of having to wait until the school holidays to have a Virgin cable fault fixed is just unbelievable

I'm of the same mind John. Though I don't use mine for work, gaming and so on so it's the reliability rather than the speed that matters to me most.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service