Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Since we have quite a few councillors and would be councillors on the site, thought the ones who haven't dipped a toe into the world of social media and blogging might appreciate this advice from the Idea website:
Blogging and Facebook for Councillors

Any blogging councillors, feel free to add your blog url to this post.

Tags for Forum Posts: Facebook, Social media, blogging

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging is broadcasting. Same old habit, different media. I'm far more impressed with those councillors that take the time to listen and engage on forum sites. Alan Stanton's a great example. There's another guy in Lambeth called James Barber who's very active on a forum in his own patch. It's impressive.
True, but I also think a blog can be useful to get some insight into how imaginative and thoughtful people are about their job.

A blog that's just, 'blah we did this, blah pic of us doing that' is boring but some councillors use their blogs to highlight problems, thrash out ideas, share good practice, talk about their personal repsonses to events. That is interesting, particularly if they allow comments and discussion around what they write.

Surely a place for both?

And any cllr not making use of Facebook should think again.

It is fast becoming the main way people pick up news and information. They may think the FB generation are just playing Farmville and writing rude comments on each others photos, but in fact a users FB feed is also becoming their *news* feed. If you can get people to include you in their feed by becoming a fan ( I know yuck, blame West coast hippies), then you are reaching them far more than by other media.
Liz.
You mention blogging for councillors. We're pretty sure you mean Blagging ?
there's some good stuff over here in kings cross - newish blog site by our local councillors.

http://callylabourcouncillors.org.uk/

nothign wrong with broadcast as long as it's interesting and not simply blaming everything on thatcher/blair/major etc

paul convery also takes part on www.kingscrossenvironment.com providing help with local problems in the comments thread

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service