Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

My next-door neighbours have moved out, taking their two cats, and for the first time since I've lived here my garden is a-flutter with birds, taking advantage of all my plants with berries. The mahonia, in particular, is a canteen for robin, blackbird, sparrow and something called a "black cap" which is not usually seen in gardens, apparently. Long may it last!

Tags for Forum Posts: foxes

Views: 745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hehe, all this talk of cats, foxes and birds... Our two boy cats have many jingly things around their necks. They've not caught that many birds as a result. One is white, and stands out like a sore thumb. He "cunningly" sits beneath our raised bird feeders, and surprisingly enough, no birds come to visit when he's there!

But foxes, now they're another matter... See this video taken by my parent's neighbour when our white cat was up in Muswell Hill in his garden. The fox looks like he was getting a bit too interested, and our baby really told that critter where to go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elvj_M0PoDA

Total irrelevance, but this is quite funny.  That's the trouble with youtube, it stops you getting on with your homework.

I know.. this is our 'problem'.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnaUVTEYCxo

Now now stop it!  I absolutely MUST get going on a report for a deadline next week!

This programme is worth a view.. Foxes and Wild Boar in the city http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Py59mWx5Fk&feature=related

nooooo - stop it - that's 43 minutes long!  

First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin. and now - Ambridge !

I know !  :o)

Fox/cat: I've told this story here before - there's a big and deffo healthy ginger tom around here, he used to sometimes bust through the cat flap and steal my Eliza's food. I was woken one morning by the noise of an altercation and saw Big Ginger backed up against my door and a fox about a foot away, about to attack. I went out and chased it off. BG must have been seeking refuge here. Later I told my neighbour about it and she topped my story - the day before she saw a fox carrying off BG who was letting us all know about it. She grabbed the nearest implement, a curtain pole, and had to bash the fox to get it to let go.  So not just kittens and sickly cats are targets. This was February time so we figured it must have been a desperate starving vixen with cubs. Life is not the same for foxes since the demise of rubbish in sacks.  

Oh bring back the black sacks please, Veolia!!!!!

awww, that must have been sad for you Therese.  I can understand you caring about them. I think when you see the same birds every day you get to know their little characters and personalities. My resident robin waits for me each morning to have his mealworm breakfast. 

Frogs have just started to return to my two little sink ponds after my downstairs neighbour moved out a whole year ago(with cat)! No spawn though, must be the newts devouring them

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service