Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

On September 22nd A man touched my daughter inappropriately , he was travelling towards Turnpike Lane,he got on the bus stop either at the post office or Beresford Road. The bus was packed and put his hand on her and then he intimidated her by staring at her at afar. He is described as mid 40s and looks like shrek. Please be careful.

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If your daughter has the chutzpah, teach her this response I once saw used in a cinema: Loud shout of 'Does anyone know who this hand belongs to?', holding up the offending object for all to see.

Perv seen disappearing at top speed. Only downside, not being able to break his nose first.

Seriously, self defence classes are good, the younger the child the better. They work because you act out these scenes, so you don't do the usual thing which is to freeze till its all too late.
is there any local places that do self defence for 17year olds
My kids do Kung Fu at the Harringay Club (other side of Hornsey Station). Link. Plenty of older kids and adults too.
Hi Jane,
See this post about personal safety here and maybe contact the writer about classes. Also Safer Neighbourhoods teams run women 's safety classes. Contact them to find out if they are planning more in the future, also report your concerns about this person to them. Policing page here
Thank you very much i will look into them.Jane
It it happens to anyone else (or suggest to your daughters) say in a loud voice ' Can you stop touching me like that, are you a pervert or something?' I said that to someone on the tube years ago, who kept 'accidently' bumping his groin into me on a packed train - everyone turned round and stared at him and he jumped off at the next stop. Any guys who might feel nervous, you don't accidently bump in to certain parts of a woman's anatomy more than once without it being obvious to the targeted woman what you're up to. This kind of sexual assault is not funny and those guys are sexual predators on the look out for someone who looks (young?) and therefore possibly vulnerable.
Reminds me once. I was on the bus. I saw this girl, she looked uncomfortable. An old man was with her.

I had never seen her before; I was with my brother. I told him I thought she looked uncomfortable.

Resolved, I went up to her, pretended I knew her:

"Hello Jeanette," I said. "Would you like to come and sit with us?"

She looked up at me -

"It's OK. He's my Grandad."

I was totally embarrassed. Face flushed. But Grandad gave me the thumbs up.
@ Steve

Great story
I think, my friend forgot to add that her daughter is a child and was in school uniform at the time this assault took place.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service