Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Today on Green Lanes at the corner of Warham Road via Twitter.

UPDATE

Slideshow of all Francisco de Pajero's (@elarteesbasura) Harringay work below (allow a few seconds to load). See this comment and the one below it for more information on the artist:

Tags for Forum Posts: art is trash, street art

Views: 4997

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"... not doing anything illegal after all."

Hmm. I can see that if an artistic "intervention" turns, say, an existing dumped item (or items) into art.  But what if (1) someone takes their own cardboard box; (2) artificulates it at home; and (3) then carries it out and leaves it on the street?

BTW what advice or instructions should be given to the street cleaners? Leave the art; clear the rubbish?

Which ones are art? It's the stuff with eyes legs and hanfs,

Good God, Alan, I do hope you're joking. That 'what if someone does something 'good' which subsequently gets reinterpreted into something 'bad'' argument is pretty damn weak.

As for Harringay's street cleaners, clearly they need to go an art appreciation course. Perhaps we could even send them to Barcelona on creative trash courses.

I'm half joking. I don't think you've thought this through.

Go on.......

I think these works are highlighting the fact that a lot of rubbish is being dumped all the time on our streets, illegally flytipped, and left uncleared for a long time with the perpetrators going unpunished.

I don't think this is going to encourage more people to leave rubbish that has pics and cartoons on they have added. Illegal flytippers couldnt be bothered could they? Cus they cant be bothered in the first place to dispose of things properly.

It's making a trashy situation a bit more comedic really and lightening things up for us. 

"I don't think this is going to encourage more people to leave rubbish that has pics and cartoons on they have added."

Hope you're right, Ruth.

It might even have the opposite effect of discouraging flytipping?! 

Surely that is the issue-flytipping- not this art. 

"It might even have the opposite effect of discouraging flytipping?"

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

...and another from @taylormade_08

...and I know I'm getting obsessive, but this just on the artist's Twitter stream:

meaning he lives here? - go get that interview Hugh!

Via @edsuperdead. An unfinished opus?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service