Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Road speed limits of 30mph/40mph were previously unachievable by (most) pushbikes...now they are down to 20mph, shouldn't they also by slowing down? I nearly got sent flying by a cyclist hurtling the wrong way down my road this morning who was utterly unapologetic.

Views: 1750

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"In North Korea and Kazakhstan" very reasonable and balanced. Mmmm.

JSP is a professional contrarian. Probably couldn't think of anything else to write that week to earn her fee.

No, but as cycling the wrong way was the cause of the problem you experienced, you might get more helpful and relevant responses if you amended your question.

Kind regards,

Katie

Spot on.

The speed was just as much of a problem. I would have had some chance of seeing/avoiding them had they not been going at approx 35mph at the time

For the record, I already know that cycling the wrong way down the road is illegal, so my question was the one I wanted answered

It's is. The rules of the road apply to all road users.
Sorry to hear that, they were obviously the kind of thoughtless moron who'd behave just the same if they behind the wheel of a car. Got to say though that yesterday morning the cyclists I saw in my way to Harringay station seemed more inclined to be pootling along in wide eyed amazement at how pleasant it all was.
Right now I'm on the bus going down Tottenham High Road. Guy on bike in front of the bus riding really slowly, hands free, rolling a massive spliff.
Roadkill waiting to happen
At least he'd feel no pain.

i sympathize with you Antonette. Cyclists going the wrong way down a road is yes illegal. I kn ow this being a cyclist who got stopped by the police for this awhile back- not fined, as i was actually going very carefully, and it was due to roadworks blocking the road. But yes it was still a criminal offence

And yes us cyclists are also supposed to stick to speed limits, but i think you will find cyclists dont generally go much over 12m/hour, so the faster cyclists may make it to 20m/hour- or maybe more if going downhill and |have a long straight road to get some speed up- No such roads round here, in my dreams.I

I have a computer attached to my bike so like to take an interest in bike speeds- I think going down camden road down to holloway, I have made it upto nearly 30miles/hour as one motorist informed me, but yes its idea conditions. long straight downhill road-i Its still a 30m/speed limit there, or else all the cars would be breaking the law

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service