Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Walking back from Sainsbury, along Green lanes just near stanhope Gardens, I saw yet another person throw something on the ground yet they were right by the litter bin by the bus stop. It was one piece of overt vandalism too many. I said to him why dont you pick that up and put it in the bin just there? he looked at me as if I was mad and walked off, ignoring me. I know his face, he works in one of the Turkish shops along there. I was incensed. I picked up the said empty coffee cup and followed him into a shop and said again, why dont you put it into a bin? why are you treating this place as a open dustbin. Nastily, he said get out of my way, it;s not your problem, it's mine. I retorted, it is my problem. I live here, I am sick of people dropping litter and not caring about it, why doesnt he take it with him. He pushed past me very annoyed as by now people were looking at him. That was the whole idea, to shame him for his action.
I said I would be reporting him. but to who? where? HOW do we deal with such people who dont care at all about making the place a mess, every day, every hour. The council could sweep those streets 20 times daily but the root of the problem is this attitude of, I dont care. I can do what I like. If can drop anything anywhere anytime.

I am on the verge now of making plans to leave Haringey, I am so sick of this constant rubbishing. I cant confront everyone, that would be a full time job and sooner or later I would get my head kicked in, arrested for harassment or locked up as mentally unstable. How do we get at this problem?
nice to see you all at HoL drinks the other evening.

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Complicated. I dont have time right now to do all of this so it will have to wait. Just returned to green lanes after being out all day and welcomed by usual pigs trough of mess. In fact I take that back, pigs are cleaner.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service