Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Appalling traffic leaving Sainsbury's and Arena retail park - anyone know what's happening with it?

It took me an hour and 15 minutes to leave Sainsbury's car park today and I had a torrent of abuse from a revolting irate man and witnessed one car screeching up the wrong side of the road, over taking all the waiting traffic, screaming abuse at the hapless parking attendants trying to direct/calm the remaining traffic. I've seen several threads on this but they all seem to be from last year. I've reported the problem to the council (as I hope have many others) but the problem seems to have just got worse and worse. It seems particularly bad this week for some reason.

Does anyone know what is being done or planned to try and sort this out? I'm surprised that there hasn't been a serious assault or incident due to the ridiculously badly thought out traffic lights and planning of the extension of the store.

Tags for Forum Posts: congestion, lights, sainsbury's, tfl, traffic

Views: 567

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Iceland Grand Parade also dont have a car park. There arent as many things in there for sure but you can get some real bargains on loo rolls, milks, and even some fruits/veg. Plus they have nice shopping baskets on wheels you can pull around.
I drive my car and take my child because I live on Ridge Road and don't fancy dragging shopping and a child up the ladders, over the railway bridge and up another hill. I don't get my shopping delivered because I would never spend over £100 a week and don't want to pay an extra £5 to have it delivered. Waitrose, no, it's too expensive. I don't ride a bike to shop as I don't want to be killed - firstly I'm wildly unco-ordinated and secondly, it's bad enough driving a car without being driven off the road so I wouldn't countenance cycling round here. I don't just buy fruit and veg, I buy kids clothes, kitchen utensils, the odd dvd and, hideous consumer freak that I am, like the convenience of having it all under one roof. I just go at 8am now when there's no one there. The exit is a total mess and needs resolving one way or the other.
There's a nice car park behind M&S on Muswell Hill, giving access to M&S and the very nearby Sainsbury's plus all the interesting charity and arty shops. I go there a lot.
Louise, Iceland delivers shopping of £25 upwards.
dear all
sounds like we are all finding our own ways round this issue by shopping elsewhere or going at different times or not going at all. Maybe those stuck in the queues will learn as well to avoid peak times (f they can) and long delays or to find other ways or places to shop or to just shop less. But the council and the arena owners still need to think about going greener and doing something about the daft layout of this area and how it is really a malfunction junction. Christmas wont be a time of goodwill round there and I hope the traffic wardens of this slip road get paid danger money
I can't shop at Iceland as I have a phobia of Coleen Nolan and Kerry Katona. But thanks!
Dont worry. You will never see Kerry Katona in there, as she is permanently in rehab! Just put on a nice warm coat and it's really not that bad!
I just have a phobia of Iceland, full stop. Eurgh.
I was going to say that but didn't want to reveal myself as the inveterate snob that I am...!
I don't care,I'm a snob (ish), and proud of it! :D
I don't know who Kerry Katona is, but I don't want to run into Bjork in a bad mood.
People have too much money in Harringay, Waitrose, M&S Food - I'm just waiting for someone to suggest Selfridges!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service