Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

...I'm not holding out any hope for a Little Waitrose, but might it be something a little more exciting and useful than a pound shop this time? Anyone know?

That place was pretty awful, I had to ban my OH from going in there after he (a usually very placid person in retail situations) once stormed out in frustration and fury. So I'm not sad to see it go.

Views: 904

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is that the "Sports Direct" beside "Homebase" near "Harringay, Green Lanes" station and if so why do you think it is closing down.

Um...OK. Is it Not Really Closing Down Any Time Soon? Silly me!

For some reason I thought the closing down signs were genuine.

They have a misleading sign on the front. In big letters it has "Liquidation Sale" but when you read the smaller writing it says that they are selling off liquidated goods from some other sports outlet. Sorry if I spoilt your day.

Heh ;) I was just idly curious.

They bought over JD or JJB sports - I can't remember which and they are selling off their old stock. Same sign in the window at the one in Angel (which is much quieter but still fills you with frustration) so for the time being they are staying put it would seem.

Sports Direct has been closing down ever since it opened.

The branch at Arena is probably the worst shop I have ever been in.

Great. The local chavs can still get naff trainers and tracksuits quite easily then. *phew*

Was anyone else labouring under the fond delusion that escape from Seymour and transition to the sunnier side of the tracks would transform Anette into a hyper-tolerant philanthrope? I'm sure those of us of a more even-tempered Harringay disposition still owe a duty of care to our recently migrated diaspora in the West.

Not really relevant to whether they're closing down or not, but I went in to buy some trainers recently and found the staff to be really helpful. I asked where I could find a particular type of shoe, and they went to some effort to enquire exactly what I wanted it for and made sure I got the right type (astroturf friendly instead of regular running trainers).

For someone who hates shopping for shoes, especially sports footwear, and has no idea how the billions of ones on offer differ from one another, narrowing it down to three pairs was a big help.

Just thought someone should speak up for the poor staff!

I agree Joss.

I frequently had reason to be grateful for the presence of Sports Direct in the Arena with two growing kids, one of whom is sports mad. I recently kitted out my daughter in swimming gear for school with a Team GB towel, one of those swimming costumes like the Olympic female swimmers wear and a swimming bag for about 12 quid. In these times of squeezed budgets, I'm sure I'm not the only parent that is grateful for the existence of this store. 

Yes, I have found various bits and pieces for my two there as well - it's the layout which I find off-putting.

Annette, chav/vy is a Romany word and its meaning has become twisted in recent years.

@ Angela, yes I know that, and now it describes, well, chavs. So?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service