Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Morning all,

We have just found out that Paddy Power wants to open a betting shop in the recently closed pub on Lordship (606 Lordship Lane N22 5JH)  about 5-7 minutes walk from Wood Green tube station. I live locally and am totally outraged as there are already 2 betting shops within 30 seconds walk of that old pub - a William Hill and Ladbrokes.

There is a sign on the door saying Paddy Power has submitted an application under the Gambling Act 2005 and that any representations need to be made in writing to the licensing authorities by 25th March.

I know similar situations have cropped up on Green Lanes and some of you have been active in fighting it - I would like your advice on how to stop this! I am planning writing to local councilors and MPs and will start a petition .

How can it be allowed to have three in such a short stretch of street - the noise and rubbish these places produce is terrible? 

Please sign the petition here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/not-another-betting-shop-on-lord...

Thanks for your support!

Katie 

Tags for Forum Posts: betting, petition, shop

Views: 3052

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Terrific news- let's hope they don't appeal. As someone that lives opposite... thankyou all!

yep it was great news - i started a separate thread with the news

Residents last night won round 1 of Paddy Power betting shop battle! The licencing committee on Tuesday evening rejected Paddy Power's application to open another betting shop on Lordship Lane!!!!!

Big thanks to all that  made the hearing last night - to all those who we nominated to speak. It was a great turn out and although we were there until 11 pm it was well worth the wait!!

No doubt will they appeal the decision so let the fight continue...

Please start keeping evidence of anti social behavior and crime along that stretch of shops - report to police for hard evidence

Some of us are in the process of doing the necessary paperwork to get the pub listed - so please any ideas around how to get historical references to this building would be appreciated.

Feels so good to have it rejected!! Have good day :-)

You too Katie!

It looks as though PADDY POWER are appealing, we received a consultation letter yesterday notifiying us of re-consultation for their planning permission.

Closing date for planning (not licensing) objections is 17th June 2014.

www.haringey.gov.uk/planning

Ref: HGY/2014/0715

No notice of the licensing request .... yet.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service