Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Every London borough now has the power to fine people for spitting in public after Communities Secretary Eric Pickles last month agreed to a fixed £80 penalty scheme drawn up by London Councils.

Three London councils have begun fining people for spitting in the street. Newham is apparently coining it in.

Following a Freedom of Information request, it can be revealed that the three boroughs who have already introduced bans have fined 689 people up to £55,120.

More here - http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/over-55000-raised-as-councils...

Does Haringey have the courage to follow suit, or will they say ( as has been said on here some time ago ) that it would infringe the rights of certain cultural groups ?

Views: 699

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't always have a tissue to hand and sometimes need to relieve myself and make a point of doing so in the gutter. Being fined for doing this would be ridiculous.

Gobbing in the road is not a crime. If you have to do it, keep it off the pavement. Ditto vomit. Even the most falling-down-pissed drunk can aim at the kerb. I don't mind gob on my car tyres, I hate it on my shoes. Or my kids' shoes, more dangerous still. 

Thank you
It's more common amongst the "certain cultural groups". Due to their fondness for chewing-tobacco and snuff.
Sounds like you're describing my late Granny actually

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service