Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

ALTERNATIVE WARDS CORNER PLANNING APP. TO SAVE BUILDING SUBMITTED ~ SUPPORT IT!

The Wards Corner Community Plan has been submitted to the Council after a long hard slog and a lot of hard work!  Have a look at the application and submit your SUPPORT (if indeed you do.)

This plan is an alternative to the imposing characterless flats which are currently planned for the site by corporate bullies Grainger, and would retain the wonderful architectural heritage of the Wards Corner and Market buildings as well as the traders who currently operate from the market.

BREAKDOWN OF THE ALTERNATIVE PLAN, SCROLL DOWN FOR ARTIST IMPRESSION IMAGES :

https://wardscornercommunityplan.wordpress.com/

ACTUAL PLANNING APPLICATION: reference: HGY/2014/0575

As of tuesday 18th March, the planning portal is down- please keep checking back.

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica...

THANK YOU

Tags for Forum Posts: application, columbian, community, corner, demolition, grainger, heritage, market, planning, regeneration, More…seven, sisters, traders, wards

Views: 1089

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From which. Pam, it follows that ....?

... nothing he had to say should be considered? Even potentially factual information?

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

Aesthetic judgements are opinions not facts. 

You were there, you heard him. He was on message throughout.

Grainger claimed that they tried really really hard to find a design that kept the corner building, but nothing made enough profit for them to do this.

Going by the words of the esteemed Cllr Peacock (chair of the first planning committee which approved Grainger), the quicker the whole place was razed to the ground, the better.

Which was, Pam, seconded by Cllr Stanton (Lab, HoL ward). Do you remember how he treated us, Candy in particular?

I think we must be at cross purposes Pam. The expert I had in mind was at the meeting on 26 June 2012. I wasn't there. I arrived late at the Civic Centre from another meeting. Staff at the door told us the Council chamber and gallery were full and they were concerned about letting anyone else in. Cllr Pauline Gibson arrived at about the same time as me, and we stood with more people outside the doors,  hoping that someone would leave, But nobody did. So I took the bus home.

I may have met Candy Amsden though I can't put a face to the name. Unless she was standing outside the Civic Centre I didn't meet her that evening.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service