Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi, I just wondered if anyone else was interested in an allotment. Basically I've been on the landshare website for over a year to see if anyone had a spare bit of garden I could use to grow veg but no ones been in touch so far. However there are quite a few people registered as looking for land in the area. The waiting lists for allotments in the area are either closed due to over subscription or are about 10 years long. I wondered if anyone had tried to get together a group of people together to approach the council?- on the landshare website it says that if there are 6 people or more interested the council has an obligation to try and accommodate and offer some land to use. Apparently there is some council land to the north of the ladder which has been derelict for some years (there was supposed to be a childrens play area built- but that still hasn't happened). What do people think? thanks, le

Tags for Forum Posts: allotments, community, food, growing, health, local, produce

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great- I'll add you so we can pm each other- we just need to fill in the standard letter on the website to approach the council, thanks, le
Worth adding a link to the group so it's easy to find?
We have 6 members now, but here is a link to the website http://www.landshare.net/letsgrow/harringay-north-london/
If anyone else wants to make a group just follow the instructions, there is a maximum of 6 per group I think- no idea why I would think the more people to approach the council the better!
thanks, le
Have you had any joy from the council with this?

Curious to know.
Why don't you just stake out a bit of Duckett's Common and grow your vegetables there. Even the circus have avoided the little garden that is there.
Not yet- I've left several messages though
I dont have a solution to the allotment issue, but if anyone who is interested in growing vegetables has any spare time during the week, North Harringay School is looking for volunteers to help out with our vegetable gardening project. We have a huge roof garden, raised beds on the ground floor and a large greenhouse. Please get back to me if you can help.

Thanks

Adam

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service