Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Aldi relent and rebrand their Harringay store from 'Aldi Haringey' to 'Aldi Harringay'

Back in July this year I noticed that Aldi seemed to be planning to open their new Harringay store as Aldi Haringey. I dropped them a quick note on Twitter and got the standard response back that it would be looked into. I didn't really think any more about it.

Then a  couple of weeks ago, Harringay local Nigel Lupton noticed that Aldi were still planning on opening as Aldi Haringey, despite the store being in Harringay and being their second store in Haringey.

In the past few days two other local tweeters also contacted Aldi on Twitter to mention the same error.

Yesterday, we noticed that both the signage and the website have changed and the branding now shows as Aldi Harringay. That was either quick work, or they had the change in the pipeline. Either way, thank you Aldi.

Perhaps we can now persuade McDonalds to make the same correction.

Aldi signage, 8th October and 20th October, Photos Nigel Lupton

Tags for Forum Posts: harringay name

Views: 2218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure that that's any more than retrospective tittle-tattle, John - unless of course you know different?

You probably don't remember the 60s Hugh. Whatever the reason for the Council's preference, it was certainly suggested.

Thank you. No, not as well as you.

But, I don't have to have experienced them as an adult to question something said about them, John.

I've heard this 'gay claim' before, but it seems highly unlikely to me, particularly since Harringay was such a well known name at that time. 

Unless of course, it was a concern voiced by the same committee who tried to force through a change of the county name to Middlesecks!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service