Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Further to the other conversations on this site about Agora's breaches of condition, I noticed this morning that Agora have appealed against Condition 6 of the Planning Inspector's decision (appeal attached FYI).

They are requesting 24 hour operation Mon-Sat with 8-11 on Sundays.

Please also see the related discussion Agora Continuing Breaches - So who do we complain to?

Tags for Forum Posts: 48 grand parade, agora, betting shops, gambling, gaming

Views: 195

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In response to a couple of questions by private message - the objections can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
77, that's ace. Well done HOLers
There are 95 in all but I think the time for objections was up yesterday. It says 21 days from the 14th Jan and the LCSP advice says must be in by the 3rd Feb.
Well done all. 95 is a round enough figure for me :) Lets just hope its enough to convince the council of the strength of feeling about this gaming centre.
It's not the Council Ben. They've already refused the application. It's the Planning Inspector and he'll get to it when he gets to it.
Good news. Agora has been REFUSED permission to open 24 hrs!
Letter from Planning and Regeneration received this morning.
Love to have seen the look on their face when opening the letter of refusal.
Furthermore i have found out one of the main reasons the gambling shops manage to make enough to stay open even when there are so few people using them. (relatively) local pimps from a european country with letters beginning with Al use the betting shops to launder money. Simple to then explain vast amounts of cash with a betting receipt. Of course they don't win much but when i asked (a turkish friend who knows) about this i was told 'They don't really know what to do with so much cash (from prostitution) and they are not intellectually bright' (the pimps not the prostitutes) . I'm sure the shops have an inkling where all the cash is coming from but do they care ?
On another matter, to show how out of touch the police are, when i contacted the Turkish liason officer (of a certain london area) a while ago with regard to firearms i met him and he was english and spoke not a single word of turkish not even hello or thankyou. There really is a whole world going on the doorsteps and under the nose of us all that if we truly knew there would be uproar.
When i asked about why no turkish officer wanted to do the (gang intelligence) job i was told that they are afraid for their families back home that the gangs would 'get to them'.
Strangely, this is an ethnically internal violence problem and does not affect the main british speaking population.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service