Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello,
Not a happy discussion: witnessed a young woman being knocked down crossing the road ; last night at 10pm roughly. Crossing Turnpike Lane north to south towards Ducketts Common. She tried to get up but couldn't! I hope she is OK.
Is there anywhere you can find about these incidents?

Views: 331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We've had the following in from our local police team:

She sustained a fractured tibia. Doctors state it is not a life changing injury and she will fully recover.

Ah yes, the punishment for crossing against the red man, a fractured tibia. I hope she's prepared to make good on any damage caused to the motor vehicle.

Presumptious, vous?

Oh I'm happy to be "corrected" but I doubt I will be.

I use that intersection a lot and the bit crossing from the middle back to Duckett's Common is extremely dangerous, IMHO.

It's not the only pedestrian light I've seen around here that mysteriously turns green before the traffic has stopped. I'm sure it's the council not tuning the lights properly and not motorists driving at break-neck speed through lights that have well and truly gone red.

Both were to blame. Just after that crossing two lanes of traffic reduce to one. She crossed one queuing stationery lane and her line of sight was blocked as she passed in front of a big van. Now she was in the middle of the road, and assumed that there was no second lane, or if there was that it would be stationery like the first. The car was travelling at 30 miles an hour - too fast around the left side of the stationery lane. Luckily she was tall and the car small.

So she wasn't even on the crossing ?

How can she be to blame? What the hell was that car doing at 30mph on the inside (it's called undertaking where I come from and gets you three points) at a point where they were about to have to come to a complete stop anyway?

We need a diagram, John. It sounds as if she was crossing from about Nomad, the van was in lane 1 and the car was in lane 2, which would not be undertaking. Lane 2 would be on the left of the stationary traffic if you were looking west.

At least she was relatively OK.

I assumed that she'd made it to halfway first but I see nothing above to back this up so I think you're right. I'd still say that 30mph is a MAXIMUM speed limit and that you should not be doing this 20 yards from an intersection according to the road code. A dangerous intersection that needs work, there is no need for three lanes outside Costa heading east. It's only because it used to be a tram stop that it's wide enough to do that.

It's very often buses that rush through on red.

You might not have written this, if you had witnessed it.

Oh I was being completely facetious. Don't be so pompous. Although I am sorry you witnessed it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service