Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just noticed, family history buffs, that you can use ancestry.com at your local library for free.

There are a variety of other databases you can access in your library; as well as the Oxford Reference Online, the GoCitizen.co.uk site for people preparing for the British citizenship test and the Theory Test pro which you can access via your home computer with your library card.

Details here

Tags for Forum Posts: libraries

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Liz*

Could not navigate my way to ancestry.com using my library card from my home computer.

No it does say on the Haringey website that you have to go to the library to use it. It is not a remote access service, sorry if that wasn't clear from my post.

Went to a workshop at Wood Green library today about using ancestry.com at the library, how to search for various information via different archives and using archive material from Bruce Castle Museum, if your family are from Haringey or its previous incarnations.

Access to the library edition is free and gives you access to records from a variety of sources, although you will still have to order and pay for copies of a lot of things, such as certificates. 

If you want to use it, just ask a librarian to log you on to it (for obvious reasons, they don't give out the password). I was assured that all libraries will know how to do this, but if you get someone like a relief librarian, who's not sure how to do it, they can call Wood Green library for help. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service