Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just had a very exciting phone call with Pamela at Sustainable Haringey about a meeting planned for Harringay in February. 

The aim of the meeting will be to get interested Harringay folk to come along to discuss sustainable energy for homes, in particular solar energy. Pamela tells me that our Harringay houses are ideal for this kind of energy production because of their orientation so its well worth exploring.

We're looking to have a meeting on Feb 8th or 9th, probably at St Paul's Church Hall (unless someone can suggest a better, cheap venue?).

The Muswell Hill Sustainability Group will be sending people to talk to us, a community enterprise called Vic Terry and private company Engensa. The session will be about people being able to ask questions and discuss how we can move forward as a community to becoming more sustainable, not about trying to sell people anything.

Watch this space and the events page for further details to come.

Links:

Tags for Forum Posts: sustainability

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Liz, I'll try and come along, I think the 9th would be better for me, but I'll try and come if its the 8th.

Excellent news! We have had some solar panels installed on our roof and are absolutely positive about our experience. We also had a wood burning stove installed and improved our roof insulation. All in all it does work! Looking forward to the meeting.

Good News.

We will be interested in that meeting as we have been discussing how to save energy and maximize the use of our building for the past one year. Although we have taken some steps in the right direction but we want to have more knowledge. Both days are convenient.

Rev Adedayo Ige

for Harringay United Church-Baptist

Allison Road/Green Lanes N8 0RG

Dear all

We have confirmed the date as the 8th and the meeting will be at St Paul's Church Hall. We intend to do a bit of leafletting around the area to let people know as well as advertising it on here. If anyone could do their bit of Harringay, please let me know.

Liz

Liz, thanks for your message, I will come along on the 16th to St Pauls at 6:30

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service