Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Picle is an app in beta which combines smartphone still photos with simultaneously recorded sound. It's an interesting alternative to video and reduces the amount of visual information your brain has to process, allowing it to focus more on sound. I think it's a tool worth playing with.

It's so beta that although I made this test Picle on Mothering Sunday, it's taken me till now to be able to upload it to the Picle website. The Picle was made on a circular walk starting in Hala, along Green Lanes, cutting along Hermitage Road where I met a delightful man from Jamaica bringing flowers to his mother, then through Sainsbury's carpark and ending up with an altercation between a security guard and a yoof in Tesco.

Views: 437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PS: anyone know what that graffiti covered backyard behind Grand Parade is all about?

I like this. I think I may have a little play on this myself. 

Clever app, but I would like the option to be able to scroll forward to another image/audio rather than wait until it has run its course

I agree. It's very beta still though.

Looks and sounds interesting and I'll give it a try, but unfortunately (?) only have an ipad. Don't much like the way the title stays overwriting the photo though. You'd think they would find a way round that. And as Adam says with the inability to jump. Look forward to seeing how and if it develops.

The latest update allows users to export the video to a movie format on their mobile device and then share that. So, I've done that with the Green Lanes PIcle and added it above.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service