Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

While I was passing by the Arena end of Green Lane on a bus last weekend, I noticed a new banner in Chinese at the top of a premise near/next to a bar (maybe, that was Oasis, or maybe, it wasn't).  It looked like a grocery shop.  Does anyone know anything more about the place?

It is around here:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=n4+1ad&hl=en&ll=51.574945,...

Tags for Forum Posts: oasis oriental express

Views: 1992

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd just like to flag-up this shop to anyone who, like me, missed the post the first time around. I dropped in yesterday evening and I have to say it was by far and away the most pleasant, courteous retail experience I've had since I moved back from the USA last August.

John gave me a guided tour of their product lines and explained anything I was unsure about. They have a great range of fresh tofu, runny and set and some really delicious miso pastes. There is a freezer full of delicious looking dim-sum dumplings for anyone fancy a feast. I bought some sweet potato noodles, radish root kim-chi and my favourite wasabi peas. They didn't have the large sheets of Korean seasoned seaweed I like but John said if I could bring a packet in they would try to stock it. They also have a great range of condiments from China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea and elsewhere and a very reasonably priced spices. Apart from the tofu it is more store-cupboard items than fresh produce, but the range is impressive, the service exemplary and the prices very reasonable. Just the sort of shop the neighbourhood needs.

"First Look" here.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service