Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

AFTER two years of work by local people, the Highgate Neighbourhood Plan now exists in draft form.

My purpose in this posting is two-fold:

1 | For those HoLers who live in or near Highgate, or have an interest in it, the draft Plan will be of interest and it can be viewed and commented on.

2 | It could act as a template for other areas, for any local residents contemplating setting up their own Neighbourhood Forum. Constructing a Plan is the main short- and medium-term object of a Forum and it has to be said that the exercise is er, non-trivial. The ability to set up such an entity was enabled under the Localism Act (2011).

This is the website of the Highgate Neighbourhood Forum – please note the workshop to be held this Saturday at Jackson's Lane.

The parent Forum is chaired by recent Highgate Councillor Rachel Allison.

The PDF of the Plan is a hefty nine megabytes and is too big to be an attachment to this post. It can be downloaded from the HNF's website, link above.

Clive Carter
Councillor (Highgate Ward)

Tags for Forum Posts: Highgate, Highgate Neighbourhood Forum, Highgate Neighbourhood Plan, Neighbourhood Forum, Neighbourhood Plan

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like a reasonable template for a Neighbourhood Plan Forum. [Your habitual italics are catching].

For the template for a Neighbourhood Forum, Clive, you're posting on it.  

you're posting on [a neighbourhood forum]

Gordon they're different things and one is not a substitute for the other. A Neighbourhood Plan has a legal status and has to do with Planning (here). Also,

How do you legally constitute a Neighbourhood Forum?

Yes I understood all of that the first time round thank you. My comment is about the over-inclusive naming, not the purpose.

over-inclusive naming,

Gordon, I'm not setting out to irritate! Tags are not for the benefit of people viewing this thread today, but for the benefit of those searching under possibly different "strings" in the future.

In the same way that a well-formed eBay search covers several possible or probably misspellings for an item for sale, I'm trying to anticipate different formulations.

Whoa Clive; your tagging of your post is absolutely fine! - and I hope I'd have done it the same extensive way (tags and indexing terms were part of my working life).

My beef is not with your post or the tagging: it's with the bright sparks at Locality who have hijacked the generalised term 'Community Forum' and applied it to forums that only exist to discuss and implement Community Plans,  

As you'll be well aware, there are many other sorts of 'local assets' that might be described as 'community forums' including HOL (which is where I came in)....  

Is the legal nomenclature not actually Neighbourhood Forum and Neighbourhood Plan?  That's derived from the Localism Act, rather than Locality's machinations.

Thank you for the proper source, and I still think the word Plan should be in the legal title of the Forums! Tilting at windmills.....

This is an incredible document, and would indeed make an excellent template.  Makes me wonder about trying to kick something off for Stroud Green again...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service