Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Last meeting was on Thursday 8 November. Agenda combined with the minutes of the previous meeting (October) are attached.

Not sure who the LCSP are? See Improving the Area - what the LCSP does

Tags for Forum Posts: association, groups, lcsp, residents'

Views: 50

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is doing sort of what I thought we were doing here but:
  • councillors seem heavily involved.
  • there are minutes but nothing like the discussion records we have on here.
  • someone posted today about the nearly 400 people on here not being representative enough
I thought that last point was harsh.

Do we think it would be possible to have the LCSP just "go electronic"? You know, blog their minutes, join in some discussions, that kind of thing. I appreciate that you don't want to be run by a mob and you really need hard workers in any kind of committee but they're really missing a trick if they don't make use of this website, at the very least. Naive?
I think that the LCSP and HOL can be beneficial to each other and the community.
I think there's probably more in the pipeline to get the site widely known in the community.

400 members in seven months for HOL aint bad at all.

Just out of interest, what do you think the Harringay's internet connection rate is, 70-80%? At least there is no end of internet cafés on GL.
Im not sure - i would guess 70 - 80% is a little high?

on the two occasions that I have used the internet cafes (when i had a problem with my own broadband access), they seemed to be populated by international students!
That seems a bit high to me too.

Where I work did some research on this a few years back and, though overall internet use has increased since then, the variations between different groups won't have changed that much. Its basically fairly low among the elderly, and among lower income groups and the less well educated.

But none of that means that the LCSP couldn't do more to publicise their work - only that they shouldn't rely on that if they want to reach as wide a group as possible.
The very lose figure I came up with comes from my camper van (cheapo micro campers not RVs) members club of which they, in the majority range from 30 - 70 years of age. Out of the 6000 members only 6% don't have internet membership.

A different ball game all together within Harringay maybe, so I understand the percentages are very inaccurate.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service