Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hiya
Did anyone else get a letter through the post regarding the Anti-Burglary Support Project? Well incase you didn't, here are some details....
Basically they will come round and inspect your house for security issues, check locks on the doors and windows and recommend what you need - furthermore they will then arrange for this to be done FREE of charge.
We got the letter last week and I gave them a ring the other day and a lovely lady Stephanie came round this morning. They are going to arrange new window locks on our downstairs front windows, repair our back door lock and add a new lock to our front door. She was really informative but was concerned about the lack of interest. This has been mainly due to the amount of bedsits in the area but also I think people think it might be bogus - its not , honest, I checked it out.

Totally recommend this especially as apparently the stats for our area are 10 burglaries a day.

The number is 0208 829 8310 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm

Cheers, Iona

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for this.

Just want to remind people of this service and to agree with Iona about how good it is. We were also reminded at the WRN4 meeting tonight to talk to neighbours, especially more vulnerable ones, about getting an inspection and work done to make their houses/flats more secure. Figures for burglaries have dropped dramatically in the parts of Harringay where work has been carried out already.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service