Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Chat's back (again)- let's call it HOL Tweets (or can you come up with a better name)?

IM has died on us and we've put chat back on the main page. How about using the public chat for a Twitter/Facebook status style rolling board? (people can still comment on your HOL tweets- we need to come up with our own name for them)
Here's my 2 tweets for this morning:
is staring at the washing up
is admiring the Effingham Road Residents group logo
Ah go on...

For private chat, click on the pic of the person you want to talk to and select 'private chat': they will then get a message on their page (no sound alert). Of course they may (like the IM) not always notice it but give it a try... you can switch between main and private chat via the drop down menu that says main

If you have Sign in to chat underneath, you need to change your status from offline to online via the dropdown menu in the green box at the top

Tags for Forum Posts: chat

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, sorry to keep changing things round folks. But woke up this morning to find that our legacy widget lab who's online/ instant messengare had died. OUr platform hosts have just released teir own cjat module. So I thought I'd give that a try - as is so often the case, necessity may well have been the mother of improvement.

Please let us know what you think.
A couple of things I've noticed:
I have had a couple of people request a 'private chat' but when I've got there, they are not ( i wasn't ignoring you!).
You swap between main room and private via the drop down called "main" but if you go to another page, you will lose the message and the private chat room, so if you want to move from the page on which you requested private chat, you will need to open the next page via a new tab.

This is different from the old IM which moved with you.

If all else fails, use the message facility via the inbox in the top corner or on their page! Not as much fun but if the message needs to get through.

btw if you write a message in the box next to the smiley, hit enter when you've finished and it should appear.
Alas - the new chat function is blocked by our corporate firewall :-(
Aren't you the master of that, Nigel? Can't you remove a brick or two?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service